torsdag, april 07, 2005

Fairy Tales

Thanks to Erica Mulherin at Currently I rediscovered one of my favourite fairytales today - The White Cat!!! What a pleasure, it sent me right back to the days when I was reading from those two thick fairytale books at my grandmas.... I loved them and the illustrations were so enchanting and imaginative.
Must, must read the volume at my parents house again...

Erica has posted an awesome illustration from the book where the story can be found and I just have to re-post it here.... It's awesome:


Illustration made by Janet and Anne Grahame-Johnstone from the story "The Frog Prince" Posted by Hello

It somehow reminds me of another fairytale love of my childhood - the illustrations made by John Bauer. Especially this one:


found here at the Silverdale Chronicles  Posted by Hello

Similarities, yes.... Differences, yes.....
But Oh So Enchanting...

Please, please, please share with me your most favourite, enchanting fairytale illustrations!!!

And now I must go to bed.... I am recovering from a bad chest infection, the coughing and heavy breathing has kept me up many nights and it is time to try to get day and night back into order again...

Inga kommentarer:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin