lördag, oktober 23, 2004

A week ago or so I celebrated my

31st birthday. (OK, I know I post this as the 15th of Oct, I did write it later, I confess....) I had none expectations what so ever and it turned out to be one of my best birthdays so far.

My mum had posted me a gift that arrived the day before. I restrained myself and chosed to set up my breakfast table before I went to bed. Just a flower, nice china, napkin and the gift. It was very nice to wake up to.
Then I choose to treat myself with a facial mask and doing my nails... just relaxing.

At lunchtime I met up with my best friend and we had some nice chinese food. She surprised me with gifts from her and some other friends. A nice wall calendar with my favourite dog "Zeta" that another friend of ours had made. A nice facial mask and a cool IKEA vase... I was so amazed, hadn't expected anything really...

We also went shopping and I bought myself a nice winter cap(this model but in a more tweedy kind of fabric and pattern though). I really love it and it is warm with earflaps to pull down when it is really cold....

After that we went to "The Language Coffee Shop"... a place where you can speak different languages, sit at certain tables and speak with a lot of people. We sat down at the table with an American flag. My friend had the chance to speak with an American (she speaks with an American accent herself) and I spoke with a British guy (I've never been to the States but several times to the UK). Oh man, did I enjoy myself. And my friend had them all to sing Happy Birthday to me. I was so embarrased. We had to go early though...

Finished the day with our Womens Leadership Training Group.. It sounds very official, but it is really a group of young women from church who gets together to have fellowship,study the Bible, minister to each other and to encourage one another in our ministries...
They were so sweet, surprised me with small gifts and sang to me... I felt really spoiled...

A truly blessed day it was...

Inga kommentarer:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin